Thursday, October 25, 2007

Property Trading Part 1

The simple fact is that people are always buying and selling homes. So rather than just looking for good deals and trying to find a buyer, start with the buyer. Understand that this is slightly different to a traditional property finder’s role. You will normally be dealing with an end buyer rather than an investor.

There is always an industry or market segment that is doing better than most others. By targeting that market segment for buyers you can significantly increase your success. I have a client who is looking for new properties to buy to reduce his tax bill because his profits from his business is so high. A good propblem to have I think!

So look for the industries where people do have money and find a way to target them for investment property. I heard recently of someone who targeted pilots and he basically set up a network to help them invest in property.

Moral of the story? Be creative!!

No comments: